Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trinket #62 - Yellow Turquoise, Who Knew?

My big shipment of gemstones came today and I can't even begin to express how energizing it is to have a whole new palette from which to choose! The lovely green cubes on these earrings are my favorite of the lot. They are Yellow Turquoise (don't even get me started on why "yellow turquoise" is actually green...) and they are drilled through at the point instead of in the center like most cubes, so the resulting style bead is termed "dice".

I love this trinket! I would really like to wear them tomorrow, but my daughter called first dibs.

For the curious, here's what Jewellery Art UK has to say about Yellow Turquoise and it's properties:

"Yellow Turquoise is mostly a jasper or serpentine gemstone that is yellow with brown, green and red within. The black webbing that appears throughout this stone is hematite. Yellow turquoise helps communication, intuition and creativity, and brings wisdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment