Monday, October 3, 2011

Trinket #276 - Recycled T-Shirt Necklace

I decided to give wire and beads a break for the day and use something softer for trinketing instead. I saw these necklaces about a year or so ago and they were selling for mad money. Since I am very selective about parting with cash, I held off and used an ill-fitting t-shirt to create my own. I watched this quick video tutorial, but switched up the recommendations a bit by using a rotary cutter instead of scissors and also opted for a shirt with no side-seams that would have created those icky lumps.

Apologies for the washed out photo - I've had no time to be in the sun lately and it's making my camera cranky.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea for a necklace. The designs and colors that you can make using recycled clothes are virtually limitless. The video tutorial also looks cool.

    designer rings

    ReplyDelete