Monday, February 28, 2011

Trinket #59 - Early Spring Necklace

"If I had one wish..." is the theme of the day. The only wish I could think of was that the fierce wind today would take it easy on the trees. They are trying so hard to unfurl for springtime, but the crazy transitional-season weather here in Virginia means that we could have one week of spring, one week of winter - repeated for two months at a stretch.

Today's 40 mph "breeze" finally settled down after a huge rainstorm blew through. I hope the trees in the city are happy and that they all managed to stay standing with the gusts that exceeded those sustained wind speeds! Thankfully, our giant old sycamores are tough and fared well. I'm even MORE thankful this evening that the neighbors' sickly, hollow maples did not fall on my garage! Hey, I appreciate the little things.

This necklace is made with silver chain, glass beads, a silver leaf, and some headpins. To me, it's symbolic of the buds and tiny leaves just beginning to appear on bare branches. It was another quick trinket, and I've been toying with the idea of speeding up the photography process, too, by shooting everything on a simple white background. I don't know, it's a little boring compared to what I'm used to. What are your opinions out there in blogland? Plain white or staged backgrounds?

No comments:

Post a Comment