Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trinket #57 - Alchemist's Necklace

This is one of those evenings that is perfect for curling up with a good book or movie and doing nothing else. If the media of your choice contains magic, mystery, or mayhem, so much the better! My day was spent milling about the house and tending to a sick little boy again, so a book is definitely calling me tonight, a book that inspired this necklace.

Today's trinket is made from copper wire, a jasper bead (for the moon over the tree), and a bit of mahogany ribbon. This was a quickie because I made the tree pendant back in January, but did the final design of the necklace, the wire wrapping, clasp-making, and the construction tonight. It was a 10-minute piece!

On a side note, I just found out that I will soon face my biggest challenge on this trinket-making extravaganza: flying out of town for four days of work. As I will not have a checked bag, I am unable to take along any wire, pliers, or cutters. During the next ten days, I have to brush up on my macrame! Expect to see a lot of "unusual" pieces mixed in here with standard collection - and wish me luck.

1 comment: