Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trinket #25 - Growing and Blooming

Today marked the start of my Master Gardener training and boy, was it a whirlwind. My routine of making trinkets in the late morning (at my first break of the day) will now be disrupted on Tuesdays and Thursdays and moved to evenings. This is going to be a tough obstacle for me because the pattern of "making" at the same time each day is a big help in keeping creative blocks at bay. My fingers are crossed that I can plow through until June!

The inspiration for today's piece is an easy one - I have botany on the brain. This necklace is another of those hodge-podge creations that used some beads from the bottom of the junk box, some silver wire and chain, and three frosted acrylic pansies in a fresh spring green color. I love the tones in this - they remind me of shoots breaking through the soil at the end of winter. Speaking of that, I noticed a few Trillium this morning doing that very thing. I should probably tell them that there is a lot more snow in the forecast, but I doubt they'll listen.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Beth! Definitely something that reminds me of Spring. And while I do enjoy Winter..Spring has been on my mind a lot lately. Personally, I love how this is Asymmetrical!!

    ReplyDelete