Monday, February 21, 2011

Trinket #52 - Harmony Earrings

It's another Motif Monday, and this week's theme is "create a life that really matters." That's pretty deep as far as artistic prompts are concerned. Still, it got me thinking, which is exactly what was intended, and helped me not only find inspiration for today's trinket, but inspiration for achieving some of those goals I was talking about yesterday.

For me, a life that really matters is one that is harmonious with all things around it - physically, emotionally, and spiritually. What does that mean? It means that I will strive to take myself out of environments of discord. The word "discord" itself even refers to a musical lack of harmony, though it is more commonly used as a synonym of conflict, struggle, controversy, antagonism, argument, quarreling, and contention. None of those are things I enjoy spending time around. I'm sure the same goes for you.

The trinket that came about as a result of these thoughts is one that combines several different elements that work together in harmony. The hematite spheres hang from silver chains, and the pair is then encircled by silver wire.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly! Perfectly said!! Love the earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity matched your words of wisdom. They are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete