Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Trinket #33 - Fortune Teller's Ring

I know you're probably tired of hearing it, but today was another where I was squeezed for time. I figured a ring was the most simple and quick project to pull together before trying to get kids to sleep for the night, and I think I figured correctly. In all, this piece probably took five minutes - and most of that was spent trying to find stones with holes large enough to accommodate the wire I was using!

The ring is asymmetrical with a large Amethyst chip on one side and several smaller ones paired with some silver beads on the other. The whole thing is built with heavy gauge silver wire.

I named this the "Fortune Teller's Ring" because of the centuries-old belief that Amethyst could give a person second sight and prophetic dreams. Today, the stone is still regarded as a powerful choice for many who wish to peek into the future.

1 comment:

  1. I think this one is my favorites, you used a lot of imagination on this one.

    It's what I have on today. Maybe I need to purchase this ring to complete my set ;) Are you interested in selling it? Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete