Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trinket #188 - Red Turquoise Bracelet

I was finally able to spend more than five minutes putting together a project this evening, and the result is this red turquoise and silver beaded bracelet with a handmade clasp.

Red turquoise is almost as weird as the supposedly yellow variety, but has the same veining and other characteristics as the blue stuff. I've not been able to find much information about it, but I'm assuming the color variation is simply due to a difference in the minerals in the environment in which it was formed. Any geology-friendly folks out there who could share some input about red turquoise? It would be greatly appreciated!

Also, the unusual blue ceramic piece in the background is a lovely wall pocket for flowers that my daughter made for me. I simply loved the color next to these bright beads.

1 comment:

  1. lovely! I really like it against the blue especially. I did not know about red turquoise. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete