Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trinket #103 - Hippie Chic Bracelet

Wow, talk about a long day. I actually lost track of what day of the week it was for a while because it seemed like today was two days long. Regardless, I made a trinket, and here it is.

This bracelet is made from printed wooden beads and some smaller wooden seed beads strung on a wire and finished with a handmade clasp. It made me think of the 1970's jewelry I used to always wear, and that made me think of all the Grateful Dead I used to listen to. When I finished this trinket, I pulled out a favorite old cookbook, "Cooking With the Dead" by Elizabeth Zipern, and had a nostalgic look back at the amazing parking lot life at Grateful Dead concerts. If you're a fan or have ever spent any time at a Dead show, I suggest tracking down a copy for yourself!

Also, on a side note, I sold my old Beetle in 2008. I regret that sale every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment