Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Trinket #68 - Traveling Necklace

I'm leaving for few days and decided it was time to put this piece together. My husband made me this lovely pendant a couple of months ago out of a scrap piece of one of our 70-year old floorboards. On the back, he burned the rune for protection and safety during travel. No matter how far away I go, I always have a little piece of home to take with me.

Since I'm tight on time today, I simply slid this pendant onto a sturdy chain and affixed a clasp. Now that the trinket is done, I only have to worry about getting craft supplies onto my flight!

3 comments:

  1. Very nicly done, Beth. Wishing you safe travels, fun times and safe returns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most thoughtful, beautiful pieces I have ever seen.I LOVE that your husband made this for you. I wish I could get my husband to make me something like this but the man has NO patience! I found your blog today through A Skull A Day and I think you have inspired my 365 project for next year. I also make jewelry so maybe that would be a great way to come up with new ideas! Great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks! He's a great guy - that's why I've kept him around all these years ;)

    The jewelry project has been a fun one so far. There are days when you need to (and can) make something in five minutes and then there are the days when you can devote more time to a more complicated or involved project. The flexibility has been perfect for a marathon of this sort!

    ReplyDelete