Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trinket #65 - Apothecary's Rose Hair Clip

This was one of those days where I just did not feel like bending wire and dealing with tiny bits and pieces. It was gray and rainy all day here, but that didn't stop me from getting out in the garden and dividing and transplanting some perennials. All of the plants and mud made me eager to start seeing some flowers, not just foliage, so I decided to make one of my own.

I've been letting my hair grow out since around October and it has reached the point where it is mostly just an unruly mess. Any little distraction from that crazy tangle on my head is a good thing right now! This little Apothecary's Rose is made from jersey knit fabric with a two-toned diagonal stripe. I used hot glue to attach the layers to each other and then to a big, curved alligator clip. On a side note, I saw flowers similar to this one (they were not as frilly or full) at a local craft store for $6 a few weeks ago. Seriously? This one totaled about forty cents in materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment