Friday, February 11, 2011

Trinket #42 - My Ghostly Valentine

In my ranking of holidays by how much I like them, Halloween takes the first five positions while Valentine's Day is somewhere down in the dust bunnies with Flag Day, Presidents Day, and Arbor Day. I just don't get jazzed up about it like the floral, chocolate, and diamond industries want me to. There's just no fun in it.

How do I cope? I like to add a little bit of the spooky fun of Halloween to every holiday. Come to my house in December and you're likely to find human skulls wearing Santa hats. No kidding.

I decided to give today's trinket, a pair of heart earrings, an ethereal luminescence - think Victorian ghosts. The hearts are made from milky glass with an opal sheen and they are accompanied by tiny aqua seed beads and gunmetal wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment