Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trinket #4 - A Cuckoo in the Nest

Yes, a cuckoo in the nest. What? Not familiar with that old saying? It's practically the story of my life. It means being different from others in your group, and often disliked by them for no reason other than being different.

I've noticed that whatever goal I set for myself, when I achieve it (or even come close to it), there are always people around who feel threatened or snubbed because I was motivated enough to do something that they weren't. Suddenly, I'm "different" and no longer accepted. These people are often good friends, and that makes the sting of rejection even more painful.

As part of my "Say Goodbye to Negativity" streak in 2011, I'm making a conscious effort to filter out these folks before things turn sour. I've always tried to motivate and empower people who are willing to do the work it takes to reach their goals, so now this cuckoo is building her own nest. Surrounding yourself with friends who inspire growth without competition is one of the best things you can do for your own well-being, and that's what I set out to do every day.  Care to join me? I hope you will!

That's my inspiration for today's trinket. I'm on a bit of an earring kick, mainly because the necklace and bracelet materials I ordered before the holidays are still en route from Canada, but I will do my best to mix it up soon. This pair of little bird's nests is made from silver wire, a bit of chain, annealed steel (the black wire), and tiny silver beads for the eggs.

5 comments:

  1. Beth your cuckoo's nest earrings are beautiful. And creating for the sake of creating is enriching. Competition can be good, but not if it is your soul motivation...thank you for being an inspiration to we trinketeers. Without your inspiration, a few of us would not be pushing ourselves to regain our creativity. Thank you....and keep trinketing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are the cheerful trinketeers! At least that is what Moo and I are calling ourselves....the trinketeers in your honor! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs even better than your trinkets and your trinkets are Great!!!!
    Trinkety Trinkety You!
    A book with all your blogs and trinkets would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks so much, Patsy! I'm trying to share a bit about what this adventure is teaching me in hopes that it will inspire others to try it themselves. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete